Made it fit in a medium priority box..heheh. I still liked the wayit was packed before but I put cardboard on all sides, bubbled wrapped it and threw in peanuts too now. Before it was double boxed bubble, etc.
I prefer not to think how much I pay in shipping alone per year on stuff.
Shipping through UPS is the worse.... bunch of damn theives. charged me like an extra 120$ on brokerage fees once on a 350$ pipe...
Anybody from Canada reading this wanting to ship stuff from the US.... whatever you do don't go through UPS even if you think their rates are lower.... they will just charge you the extra fees once the UPS guy is at your door... no money no parts! Worse that the freakin mafia.
Ups has destroyed and lost several of my items. All of which had insurance on them. But they bitch and moan and say it was your fault because I didn't pack it good enough. BS you dumb mother f'ers you didn't even look in the box before I shipped it. It's like they don't see what the box looks like or something. Holes all over and my pieces busted to shit. I hate fu**ing ups. Sadly I still ship some things through them.
Good news is:
1 Matt @ Dynomite go the head and has begun working on it.
2. Drilled and tapped the oil plug. It threads in nice and holds tight. That dont work it would appear I can easily go up another size lol.
3. Fixed the leak I have by the shifter arm, theres a pinhole there from where I had the case welded. I put some rtv on the seal (which was damaged anyways) and hope it holds if not JB weld. Welding it again might be a bad idea b/c its thin there. I shoulda been more careful when I cleaned up the glob the welder made for me to tap the case saver bolt to. Im sure the RTV will be fine if not JB weld steel epoxy or something.
Bad news is:
1. Went to put the piston in. Maybe im stupid but EVERY other piston I ever put in has had an arrow for which way it faces. Why the CP piston dont I dont understand. If I had the head then Id easily be able to tell with the valve sizes matching up to the reliefs.
2. Went to change the clutch basket, Darn it you need to remove the entire side cover URGH!!! So need a gasket for that.
Well sorry for no pics gang, just VERY busy these past few weeks.
The end result of my topend rebuild is:
-My buddy and I put the newer clutch basket in (ty again ed!) and removed the judder springs. Clutch is like butter now and doesnt slam into gear. Also had a heck of a time getting the circlips on and the rings over the cyl. Stuff is STIFF and hard to work with..good ol cp. Also my piston had no arrow, first one I ever saw.. FYI large valve reliefs go to intake side I found out.
-Discovered why my welded case was leaking at the shifter shaft: Turns out there was a small pinhole from welding it there and of course I knew the seal was done. better than splinting the cases tho..100 bucks well spent at my welder. A new seal and some hi temp rtv in there to seal it, all good.
-Put some tokyo mods LTR springs in there, clutch pull is a bit harder but not extreme and it grabs better imho.
-I had trouble putting my exhaust back on, the pipe originally didnt want to come apart on disassemble so I had to use a hammer to "persuade it" Musta ever so slightly deformed the pipe as it wont go on nicely, no leaks tho. Got an exhaust pipe expander Im gonna give a shot in a day or two
-Motor has WICKED compression, as in kicking it over before was so easy a kid could do it and when you reached the bottom of the kick it either caught or you kicked again. Now its like 1 kick and when you reach the bottom it fires up with a WUMPH! Just riding around in my yard tells me that I need to gear the rear down for less torque, it wants to lift the front up with barely any throttle.Yea Im sure it has to do with the valves being in spec now and adjusting the decomp better...still wowza.
I havent rode it besides in my yard and on the road for a min or two.
1. Busy with work (worked 6 days this week and only had off on the 4th and thats when I put the quad together. Every other day Im working an early shift at work and I will not ride alone.
2. The jerk neighbor who hates us made a HUGE stink about me riding (he was drunk...again) in my yard. Ill elaborate anyone wants to hear.
Im hoping to ride either sat or sun this week, but my truck needs a timing belt and that takes priority..