advise on valve job and if RE can do this..

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

El Mamito USMC

Zorros Racing Team..
Staff member
Apr 11, 2012
Ok guys I'm in the process of replacing the valves and start preping the quad for the Baja 500,2014.

And ill be replacing all the valves and springs with
http://www.immortalatv.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=128

And my mec told me this:

If you really want to do it right you need a shop that can make you some custom beryllium seats with a CNC 5 angle valve job. The best place in the states that I know is Pro-1 Racing. They're in AZ.

Watch that video, ask re how they cut their seats, and then decide...

And the video:

Link to the work:
Pro-1 Conversion | Pro-1 Racing Heads

Pretty much question is: has any one got a job like this done in RE or in Pro-1? How did u like it...?

Thanks guys

El Mamito USMC

Zorros Racing Team..
Staff member
Apr 11, 2012
I sent you a PM.
Thanks for the pm, but that guy its not on the same league as what I want to do....

It migth be good for regular purposes but not for mine... thanks anyways. You should come with us to help / live the next Baja 500

El Mamito USMC

Zorros Racing Team..
Staff member
Apr 11, 2012
Love all the drama and opinions of "experts" at the Org.. at least RE did came out and posted there..
Ill be calling a KW , Pro 1, RE today and talk to them..

El Mamito USMC

Zorros Racing Team..
Staff member
Apr 11, 2012
ok guys i talked to John and to Charlie in PRo1 and heres what i learned and go to pass along to the cummunity:

Pro-1 = we have done tons of those heads.. and we are familiar with them.. ok they will replace the seats and the guides with their own parts.. not to abundant about the process or the benefits of them...

RE= talked to John and this is what i learned:

using the Copper Beryllium seats with stainless valves its a no go. ill work good but the combination of steel and copper will eat the seats faster than normal. you need to use titanium valves and copper seats to be effective on the longevity part.

the CB parts disipate heat a lot faster than normal parts but the longevity will be affected unless titanium valves are used., so if you can afford them go for it

RE- doesnt offer CB parts, they use a diferent material(cant remember the name). equaly good in the heat transfer but it last longer than CB

so me and John agree on
he would like to see my trx head to see if the seat can be replaced and if needed put 1+ VALVE IN IT... or just replace the entire thing with the aftermarket parts.

as far as the KW or Ferrea valves, ALL are made from 2 parts and put toguether.. but for some reason KW had a bad "badge" and thats why many broke.. but they are also a good valve.

the combiantion recommended is: FERRA VALVES, WITH KW SPRINGS

so since PRo 1 was more vague on their part and explanation, ill go with RE for my valve work..

nuckinfuts

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2012
Sorry bud but a lot comes from experience. CB seats help dissapate heat especially when the mating surface of the valve has minimal surface contact from multi-angle valve cuts. The valve can only dissapate heat through the seat. At the end of the situation, it all comes down to whether or not the seat actually needs replaced and that's determined by the machinist. 99% of the time, the seats can be cut 1mm over to restore seal and installation height (or proper shim thickness). Not only that, what was recommended is what most everyone uses; Ferrea valves and KW springs.