Plans

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Burke

Troll Slayer
Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2012
if the profile of it is similar to a stage 2, it will be fine... I have no experience with that particular cam, but most people only get the big webs... I am going to be pulling out a 242/921+5 in the next few days to go back to an early HRC.

I'm sure those are the types of cams people are talking about being hard of valvetrains... I know mine makes a lot of noise... especially when starting it cold

Alex Bartley

Dec 9, 2013
Worked on it for about 30min tonight. Just taking my time with it enjoying some music while working on it also.

Had to get my little 3/8 ryobi impact in the pic. Love that thing!

05908b3ee1389bb5f4fcebcc286e741a.jpg

F-Red

Thrown Stones
May 1, 2012
Wow... That's like having it a tooth or 2 off on the cam wheel. I'm surprised it ran like that.
Nice aviator pic Ed! :applause:

But yall say the web is hard on the valve train? Even the drop ins?
I'm sorry for the confusion. The drop in Web's are fine. It's when you start to have high lift and short duration. The valves are then slamming high and quick down into the seats. The springs, valves and seats, all take a beating. These big cams, with other components, can make some nice horsepower for short runs, like drag racing. But running them in long WOT trail rides, it's like Russian roulette! :gr_bomb:

afe4d10938c3b29730db06305ff5cd0e.gif

Baileyguns

Staff member
Apr 28, 2012
Thanks for your help with that Fred! Lol

I love the early HRC compared to the stage 2 I had in mine... I still have to try the stage 3 I have on the shelf but I'm in no rush to swap out the HRC. They should have put the early HRC in the 06+ stock.

F-Red

Thrown Stones
May 1, 2012
I have to agree with Ed. I'm currently running the early HRC in the 501. It's not as potent as the WEB 493/729, but a nice pull through mid and top! :eagerness:

chronicsmoke

Banned!
Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2012
If he's putting a head on with +1 valves, what would it run like with a low RPM cam like the HC1?

I thought +1 valves were for moslt top end gains. Just thinking to myself over here, lol..

chronicsmoke

Banned!
Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2012
Nice Alex! We do need York over here too..

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't bashing you using +1 valves with a St. 1 Cam.. I honestly am curious as to what it would be like. Sorry if it seemed like I was bashing!

El Mamito USMC

Zorros Racing Team..
Staff member
Apr 11, 2012
man I put a nice head work on mine. and the HC3 cam that I got its for 07- so it doesn't have the decompresor on it , so I can use it...probably ill give it to my teammate and just try the late HRC that I have on and later see if I want a HC3 or not...