Really polaris? Really?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

bvet4dog

mmhmm bacon!
Apr 10, 2012
I was out plowing my driveway and the polaris was working great. Half way through, i noticed that it wont shift into high or park. Stuck in either L or N or R. About 10-15 mins later, the front left axle broke lol. The thing is, i was taking it easy on this thing. Dont think i'll own another polaris.

947074d7987a02b1a126bbbfe8d316dc.jpg

Baileyguns

Staff member
Apr 28, 2012
Is the axle broke or jus a u joint? It's hard to see on my phone...
Is there a linkage that might have frozen up keeping you from shifting? Polaris makes a decent 4x4...

bvet4dog

mmhmm bacon!
Apr 10, 2012
Yeah it's the U joint.

Frozen up linkage could be it. Yeah i think you're right about that. I'll have to warm up the polaris with a spaceheater next to it. Wished my garage was heated lol. We'll see if that does the trick.

CJM

Truck Yea
Jan 5, 2013
Aw man that sucks! If it can be fixed easily Id do it, but polaris for whatever reason makes everything difficult to do it seems. Ive never been a fan cause they are soo annoyingly designed.

Shame it busted, fix it and hopefully it keeps on going. So far we have yet to get any real snow. Snowed 8 inches at work one day and chaos, by the time I got 20 mins from my house (I work about 45 min south of my house) there was barely any snow lol.

bvet4dog

mmhmm bacon!
Apr 10, 2012
oh i've heard some horror stories about polaris lol. But hey, atleast it's something that i can use to move snow instead of shoveling. A friend says it's an easy fix but polaris is a pain. lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/U-Joint-dri...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2d9f940c&vxp=mtr

Found what i need. I might will order extra just so that i can have a spare backup. Oh up here we have snow barely above our knees now, about 2 foot give or take.

I'll pay a few local powersports shops a visit tomorrow to see if they have what i need in stock. If not, i'll order from ebay.

rexxtack

Apr 30, 2013
What year is that? I just put 2 new axles in our 01 sportsman. 1 axle was good , just had a couple holes in the boot