quad is fine, me ..... a little beat up

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

alanbmx

Apr 12, 2012
Had a 5/8 diameter tube jammed into my lung about a foot for 4 days too. I was towing my buddy out of the dunes and had one set of dunes left to get to the flats and picked a bad line, his quad started pulling my rear sideways and then we rolled. After dusting off and catching my breath tried again and made it. got back to camp, popped a couple of advils and sucked down a couple Coors light and listened to the end of the charger game on the radio, sat around the campfire til about 10:30 pm. tried to lay down and sleep but could feel shit moving around in my chest, had my buddy drive me to the hospital in Brawley, I was walking around just sore, next thing I know the doc says he is going to stick a tube in my lung and life flight me back to San Diego to the UCSD trauma unit

El Mamito USMC

Zorros Racing Team..
Staff member
Apr 11, 2012
glad your alive and that obamacare took the bill...LOL

in all seriousness imglad your alive....

i want to do a trip like that one of these days... i always go but to the baja side of glamis

alanbmx

Apr 12, 2012
it sucked because the dune were perfect, had been riding all afternoon, my buddy ran out of gas so I was towing him. Should have just drained some of my gas and got him over the dune, he rides a 2 stroke, did not have any mix with us but it would have been ok for a quick run up and over the dune, 20/20 hindsight. the doctors and nurses were amazed I rode back to camp after crashing

El Mamito USMC

Zorros Racing Team..
Staff member
Apr 11, 2012
so glad your in one piece man... you should defenetly come to baja on june with us... and i think we have space for another quad.. and i garranty you, youll have a lot of fun..

bvet4dog

mmhmm bacon!
Apr 10, 2012
Ouch! That's rough! Glad you are in one piece and the quad is ok.

Hope you have a speedy recovery. You'll be back on the quad in no time!

Oh yeah by the way, nice avatar!