Carb help please

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Burke

Troll Slayer
Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2012
with the filter exposed like that, you may as well just take the lid off completely & toss it... the 06 & newer HRC kits are meant to do that anyway

Nitro6two

Apr 1, 2014
with the filter exposed like that, you may as well just take the lid off completely & toss it... the 06 & newer HRC kits are meant to do that anyway
I was thinking of doing just that but I read on one of these forums that a little bit of lid helps to create some vacuum or is necessary for some reason. I might try it both ways and see what happens.

Nitro6two

Apr 1, 2014
Okay, tried with and without lid. Seems to run slightly better without the lid but still cuts out and acts like it is at the rev limiter when at full throttle. I have read somewhere where this is referred to as "false rev limiter" caused by rich mixture. I am thinking that I could try a smaller main jet maybe a 145 and/or move the clip on the needle to the second position and try that. What do you think?

F-Red

Thrown Stones
May 1, 2012
You very well could be too fat. Change one factor at a time. Adjust the needle first. Move it up one step at a time. If you get to the first clip postion, and she hasn't completely cleared up, then throw one step smaller main jet in her.
Your on the right track. Let's us know!

Burke

Troll Slayer
Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2012
A lot of companies will say that you can't get proper air fuel ratio without the lid to protect themselves... I got my bike running VERY well with the Airbox completely chopped except for the mounts, a Raptor 700 FCI filter, powerjet, custom needle, and bored carb on e-85... it's possible and much much easier to ensure proper tuning on a dyno however.

Baileyguns

Staff member
Apr 28, 2012
Don't forget the HRC header is bigger so the fact you have a stock header will effect jetting.... You may have to drop a couple main jet sizes or find an HRC header.

Get the header!

Nitro6two

Apr 1, 2014
You very well could be too fat. Change one factor at a time. Adjust the needle first. Move it up one step at a time. If you get to the first clip postion, and she hasn't completely cleared up, then throw one step smaller main jet in her.
Your on the right track. Let's us know!
Thanks! I will post my results. Very good to know I am taking the correct approach to this.

Nitro6two

Apr 1, 2014
Found a used HRC header for sale. Before I buy it I am wondering if it will work with a slip on exhaust like a HMF or similar? Thanks for all of the help guys I really appreciate it.