05 TRX 480 pump gasser

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mattonln

Apr 10, 2012
did a duner for a guy last week and figured I throw up the numbers. wasn't going all out on this one as this was one of my "budget port" jobs with the exception of adding +1 valves.

DPATV budget porting w/+1s - no decking/combustion chamber work
97mm cp 13:1
early hrc
42.5 fcr
dasa intake/exhaust
revmax box (junk)
pump gas with a stock clutch

before runs were HRC kit with same rev box and k/n

Attachments

Mattonln

Apr 10, 2012
all depends really. on this build with an hrc cam, it probably only picked up another 1 hp but we went with +1s because he plans to run a 208 sometime in the future. +1s show more with bigger cams and more displacement.

whoppes27

Apr 9, 2012
Great numbers Matt for a relatively mild build! What do you think it would do with more head work, 208, and bigger carb?

Mattonln

Apr 10, 2012
i would say 62/36 with a 208, decking and a 44fcr on 110. with a dyna and e85 it might push 65 if I set the squish tight

Mattonln

Apr 10, 2012
this guy weighs about 170 so i don't think it will have quite the load but we will see. i told him he could mix 50/50 if he wants to be on the safe side but should be fine for pump. what cam were you running with 12.5:1?

Dr. Beardface

Apr 13, 2012
Way to go! I have a very similar build with the same bore, cam, compression, and carb but with mystery porting and an FCI intake. Mine only makes 50/35, goes to show how much of an effect different porting has.

Dr. Beardface

Apr 13, 2012
Don't tempt me!! Lol if I had more time to ride the first thing I put money into would be a better head, until then I'm ok with just doing small things. Speaking of which, what's your opinion on FCI vs. Dasa intake for the 04-05 bikes?