TRX450R Clutch Spring comparison pics (7 diff. springs)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ghott

Apr 12, 2012
Pulled out a lot of clutch springs I had saved in a box and compared them with some newer ones I've purchased recently (MOD DS and TM springs). Figure'd someone might find this interesting...maybe it'll spark a discussion, maybe not.

El Mamito USMC

Zorros Racing Team..
Staff member
Apr 11, 2012
humm interesting.. so far i prefer the cfr500., beefier than oem and not so long..

i would like to know if the longer if it affect the engage/disengage of the clutch..

450Riot

Apr 24, 2012
Can we talk about the outcome of the DB clutch mod here? I'd like to hammer a bit on that topic.

It's real interesting how the CR500 springs are the shortest yet everyone has the best outcome with them. They must have close to the same tension as the synergy's.

ridinredjav

Apr 10, 2012
humm interesting.. so far i prefer the cfr500., beefier than oem and not so long..

i would like to know if the longer if it affect the engage/disengage of the clutch..
i wonder the same thing, seems like a longer spring would fully engage more but im sure clutch pull would be stiffer

OTMTRX

Apr 9, 2012
The amount of travel on the clutch plates isn't much so apart from the amount of force on the plates nothing will change.. I run the std DS springs which are noticeably longer (as shown) and do make the lever stiffer.. not so much it's a problem though.. and I got short levers too..

Loud450man

Apr 13, 2012
hey guys nice thread here but i have the tusk hd springs with my hinson basket and tusk clutch pack and i tell yea this dang clutch is hard to pull even with a easy pull msr and i tried a shorty lever its just stiff to pull i mean i can ride it but its annoying and even with the shorty 2 finger pulls are close to impossible. im at about 55hp you think i need hd springs or should i use stockers for comfort? cable is a new motion pro and i greased it

ghott

Apr 12, 2012
If you're having trouble with just the tusk HD springs...you might need to hit the gym...lol j/k.

Seriously tho, if your clutch doesn't slip or wear, you might be able to get away with stockers. I would bet your clutch wouldn't last long with stock springs @ 55hp tho...just my opinion.

If the clutch pull is really a big problem and you want it fixed...look into the Magura Hydraulic Clutch.

ridinredjav

Apr 10, 2012
cable could have some junk in it or a frayed wire

what springs would you recomend for 55-60 hp? HD 450R? CR500?...250R?... HD 250R? ect the HD 250R springs look to be very stout to me but which ones are strongest?

ghott

Apr 12, 2012
cable could have some junk in it or a frayed wire

what springs would you recomend for 55-60 hp? HD 450R? CR500?...250R?... HD 250R? ect the HD 250R springs look to be very stout to me but which ones are strongest?
Tokyo Mods LTR450 would work well and are readily available.

If you can get ahold of some of the Standard Dark Synergy springs...they work very well because they resist heat and won't fade.

450R

May 11, 2012
I've read that the DS trx450r springs are discontinued and you can only get them through TM in a TM package with an inflated price. is this true?

ghott

Apr 12, 2012
I think that I paid $25 for my Tokyo Mods springs, they were running a sale.
^^^ That's how much I paid for my TM springs too...got a couple sets while they were on sale.

As for the DS springs...you can contact Rob at performancespring.com to see if he's got anything left.